Skip to page body Home About Us Government Departments Doing Business Services I Want To...

Fort Bend County Flood Disaster Recovery for Flood Victims

This information is for residents in Unincorporated Fort Bend County who have flood damage to their homes or businesses and need to repair or rebuild. Residents of Beasley, Fulshear, Missouri City, Needville, Orchard, Richmond, RosenbergSimonton and Sugar Land will need to contact their city’s Floodplain Administrator.

Information related to reporting flood damage, cleanup and debris information, and registering for disaster assistance is posted on the Fort Bend County Office of Emergency Management website,

The Order establishing Regulations for Floodplain Management [PDF] went into effect on April 2, 2014 and in order to rebuild, you will need a development permit. This is a FEMA requirement to ensure that flood insurance is available to residents of Fort Bend County.

If you live within the 100-year floodplain, you will need to verify the structure’s slab is above the 100-year flood elevation. Structures more than 50% damaged will require a permit and must be rebuilt to current standards. Floodplain information requests can be submitted online.

After registering with the Office of Emergency Management, you can apply for permits online through If you are having trouble using the customer portal, please read the MyGovernmentOnline Instructions [PDF] or call the 24/7 Technical Support line at 1-800-957-3764, Option 1.

If you have any questions about Permits or need additional information, contact us at

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Download Acrobat Reader Download Flash Player Download QuickTime Download Windows Media Player Download AutoDesk DWF Viewer Download Microsoft Silverlight Download Word Viewer Download Excel Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer
Last updated: 6/10/2016 2:47:34 PM