Skip to page body Home About Us Government Departments Doing Business Services I Want To...

Expand All / Contract All

Is detention required in Fort Bend County?
It depends on the location of your site. If your site is located within a Municipal Utility District or in a Levee Improvement District chances are you will not need to detain the developed flows from the site. Usually those types of Districts have already accounted for full development flows based on the Land Plan authored by the Developer. Otherwise, detention will be required in accordance with the Fort Bend County Drainage Criteria Manual.
I have water and sanitary issues with my home. Who do I contact?
Contact the City, if you are located within the city limits. If you live within a Municipal Utility District, contact the operator of the utility services. Usually this is to whom you pay the water and sewer bill.
Whom do I contact when the ditch in front of my home is clogged and the water backs up?
If you are not in the city limits, contact the Fort Bend County Road and Bridge Department at 281-342-4513 as they maintain the roadside ditches.
There is a creek behind my home or running through my property that has debris in it or needs to be mowed, who do I need to call?
Contact the Fort Bend County Drainage District Maintenance Division at 281-342-0141. If the Drainage District has a drainage easement on the creek then we will usually remove the debris. Mowing is usually done 2 to 3 times a year with herbicide spraying.
What is the role of the Drainage District?
The Drainage District maintains channels in which we have easements. The channels were designed to take the 2-year rainfall event in agricultural uses.
What should be done to remove unauthorized motor vehicles along creeks, channels, bayous or levees?
Texas Water Code 49.217 (b) prohibits a person to operate a motor vehicle on a levee, in a drainage ditch, or on land adjacent to a levee, canal, ditch, exposed conduit, pipeline, pumping plant, storm water facility, or other facility for the transmission, storage, treatment, or distribution of water, sewage, or storm water owned or controlled by a district. A person who operates a motor vehicle of Subsection (b) commits an offense. Contact the Sheriff’s Office regarding any criminal activity that may be occurring along the drainage easement. The District has no policing authority.